SGS Fall Softball 2021
Developmental program (grades 1-9) - one evening per week
Travel (local) league (U8-U18) - Sunday mornings
Pre-K and K program through LS Youth Baseball - Saturday mornings
Developmental program focuses on skills and drills in order for the girls to learn the fundamentals of the game including hitting, fielding and situational game sense. Programs are offered for players in grades 1 - 9. Parent volunteers are critical to running this program.
Cost is $100 (sibling discount for the development program is available $25 discount for each sibling)
- Grades 1 & 2 Tuesdays 4:45 pm - 6:00 pm
- Grades 3 & 4 Tuesdays 4:45 pm - 6:00 pm
- Grades 5 & 6 - Wednesdays 4:30 pm - 5:45 pm
- Grades 7, 8, & 9 - Thursdays 4:30 pm - 5:45 pm
Travel league is for those who want to play games against other towns. Teams are available for U8 (typically 2nd graders) through U18 (high school players). Towns we will play could range in proximity such as Weston or Wayland or up to 45 mins away including Cambridge and Walpole.
Games are played Sunday mornings, September 12th through Sunday, October 24th, with a possible make up date of 10/31. There are no scheduled games on Columbus Day weekend (October 10th).
Cost is $150 + cost of uniform jersey ($40) if needed.
**If your daughter registers for BOTH the development program and the travel league, the cost for both programs will be $200 ($50 discount on the travel league).
Travel League Information:
1. Uniform jerseys for the competitive league may be ordered when registering for $40 (except for U8 league - jerseys are included in the registration fee). However, if you have participated in summer league this summer 2021, you have the travel jersey and are not required to order a new jersey.
2. No player will be assigned to a team with an unpaid balance for the current or previous season.
3. The league will place players on team(s) with priority given to early registration.
4. A minimum of 12 players are required to form a team
5. A minimum of 2 parent volunteers are required to form a travel team; Parents must have an up to date CORI background check with SGS and/or be willing to participate in other requirements set forth by SGS and/or USA softball to coach including taking the SafeSport training online.
6. Coaches reserve the right to schedule additional practices during the week.
Pre-K and Kindergarten program through LS Youth Baseball
Saturday, September 11th - October 30th from 9 am - 10:30 am at Lower Featherland
Register through LS Youth Baseball:
Please note that given the current situation with COVID-19, or other unforeseen circumstances, plans for the Fall season are fluid and may change at any point in time. We will maintain transparency in our communications, but we may not be able to provide refunds if the season is forced to be cancelled after it has started as the league will have already incurred the expenses associated with running the program(s). Thank you for understanding this before making the decision to register.